WHAT IS THE HCG DIET PLAN?
The HCG Diet was developed by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons and began as a way for seriously obese individuals to lose weight quickly. This original HCG Diet Protocol consists of synthetic HCG injections in small doses, combined with a very specific 500 calorie diet.
HCG Stands for Human Choriogonadotropin and is a hormone naturally produced by women during pregnancy. Research suggests that a small, daily injection of HCG resulted in an average weight loss of 1 to 2 lbs a day when accompanied by a very low calorie diet.
WHAT TYPE OF FOODS CAN I EAT ON THE HCG DIET?
The hCG diet allows for a maximum of 500 calories per day, so needless to say, it can be difficult to adhere to. The flip side to this is that you will experience tremendous weight loss is you follow this guide below:
- Eat food with very low fat content
- No sugar. If you can take your coffee black or your tea unsweetened, don’t drink it.
- Chicken and lean ground beef are ok, but do not exceed 100 grams of meat per lunch or dinner and always grill, or boil, your meat. No frying.
- While fish is ok to consume, certain fatty fish like salmon, eel, tuna and herring should not be on your HCG diet grocery list.
- Pick only one type of vegetable to eat per lunch or dinner as combinations are not allowed.
- The same rule applies to fruits, as well.
HOW QUICKLY WILL I SEE RESULTS?
Results will obviously vary from person to person, but because of the strict nature of the HCG diet, dieters began to notice results within 2-4 weeks. As previously mentioned, the HCG diet is very strict and because of that, it is not recommended that anyone to adhere to the diet for a period longer than 6-8 weeks.